The Achievement of Vision 20202020 Admission Guidelines
Do you want to be a True Parents Spirituality Leader?
Do you want to be a Peace Governance Leader with expertise in managing NGOs based on True Parents Peace Thought?
SunHak Universal Peace Graduate University educates
True Leaders for Humankind to realize world peace.
I. Recruitment for master and doctoral programs
Program Department(Degree) Years Remarks Masters Th. M / M. Div. 2 years
Including SunHak UP Cadets
M. A. in Peace NGO 2 years Doctoral Ph. D 3 years Students holding a Master’s degree D. Min 2 years
1. Common requirements:
- 1) Master’s Course
- a. Those individuals who have received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or those who will have completed a bachelor’s degree program no later than August, 2020.
- b. Those individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree.
- 2) Doctorate Course
- a. Those individuals who have received a Master’s degree from a graduate school or those who will have completed a Master’s degree by August, 2020
- b. Those individuals who hold a Master’s degree or other advanced degree.
- 1) Master’s Course
2. Special selection: Applicants who have common requirements 1), 2) and those who match the requirements below:
- 1) Applicants whose parents are both non-Korean.
- 2) Overseas Koreans or Foreigners who have completed the equivalent of courses of Korean public primary, secondary, high school and university education abroad.
3. Transfer admission requirements: Applicants that correspond to both common requirements and special selection as well as the requirements below
- 1) Master’s degree Program
An individual who has spent at least one semester for completing the equal or similar major field study of a master’s degree program, and acquired at least six credits in domestic or foreign graduate school.
- 2) Doctoral degree Program
An individual who has spent at least one semester for completing the equal or similar major field study of a doctoral degree program, and acquired at least six credits in domestic or foreign graduate school.
- 1) Master’s degree Program
III. Selection and standard for distribution of scores
|Classification||Document Review||Oral Interviews||Total Score|
Special Selection for Foreigners
※ in the case of grades, the Master’s is GPA 20 points and the Doctorate is GPA 10 points + Master's grade 10 points.
Ⅳ.Completion of documents
- 1. Deadline period: May. 11 (Mon) ~ July. 03 (Fri), 2020
- 2. Documents: Go to the school homepage > click on the admission tab, > select master or doctor course. > download the admission form. download
- 3. Email completed application form to: email@example.com
- 4. Application fee: 50,000won
|Domestic transfer||International transfer (from abroad)|
|BANK NAME: WOORI BANK 1005-901-835911
(Account holder: SUNHAK UP DAEHAKWON DAEHAKKYO)
BANK NAME: KOREA POST OFFICE
SWIFT CODE: HVBKKRSE
NATION: SOUTH KOREA
ACCOUNT NAME: SUNHAK UP DAEHAKWON DAEHAKKYO
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 101956-01-001525
ADDRESS: 324-211, MISARIRO, SEORAK-MYEON,GAPYEONG-KUN,
GYEONGGI-DO 12461, SOUTH KOREA
5. Documents which need to be submitted when applying:
|Checking List /submitting documents||▶School form. download||yes||yes|
|Admission form||▶School form||yes||yes|
|Study plan||▶School form||yes||yes|
|Letter/ Recommendation||▶School form
▶A Letter of Recommendation must be signed and sent by postal mail or by fax (82.31.589.1559)
|Signed Consent Form||▶School form, Please write only red box in School form.||yes||yes|
|Collecting personal information and consent for use||▶School form||yes||yes|
|ID photo||▶ID photo (3X4cm; passport size, with white background.)||yes||yes|
|1 Copy of Passport ID Page||▶The name and registration number on your admission application form must be the same as shown in your passport||yes||yes|
|Family Relation Certificate||▶School form||yes||yes|
|Proof of University Graduation||▶Certification of a 4year Bachelor’s degree has to have been issued.
If you have submitted certification of expectant graduation, you must re-submit it before starting your Sunhak UP graduate university term.
▶If you have graduated from a foreign college, you must translate the document into English.
▶In the case of degrees from foreign colleges, they must be notarized by the consul or Apostille. Those of you who have graduated from a Chinese college, you must submit proof of your degree.
|Transcript||▶An Official Transcript clearly written of percentage points and total grade points earned.
▶If you have received a grade report with only grade point averages, you must request a grade report showing percentage grades.
▶If you have transferred colleges, you must provide grade reports from all schools attended.
▶If you have graduated from a foreign college, you must translate your transcript into English and it must be notarized by the consul or Apostille.
|Document re: Foreign Language Ability||
▶A one-year grace period due to the cancellation of the TOPIK test due to Corona 19.
(If you fail to pass the TOPIK level 3 or higher within one year, the admission will be canceled.)
▶Level 3 or higher in the Korean Language Proficiency Test (TOPIK)
- Foreign students are exempt from submitting TOPIK grades if submitting proof documents (such as graduation certificates) showing completion of secondary education (both middle and high schools) in Korea.
※Subjected to: foreign students and those who have completed all curriculum corresponding to Korea's primary and secondary education and university education in foreign countries.
(Academic proficiency test (TOPIK) level 4 or higher before graduation)
▶A student who graduated from SunHak UP Graduate University with a master's degree applies for a higher level of admission, TOPIK is exempted for those who are required to have a Korean proficiency test (but only those who have submitted TOPIK for a master's degree).
|Copy of Alien Registration card||▶Applicant who has an alien registration card issued by foreign immigration office in KOREA.||yes||yes|
|Receipt||▶Receipt of Payment for Application Fee
(any forms such as a screen-shot image that shows the applicant’s name in it)
|Medical report (1 copy)||▶Applicants for entering dormitory need to submit The medical report including Blood test(HBs: hepatitis B), Chest X-ray test, urine test(pH, protein, glucose ,hematuria).||yes||yes|
|Deposit Balance Certificate||▶For students from abroad: need to show at least 20,000 dollars(US) in bank balance.||yes||yes|
# If a student submits fake (false) documentation, their admission will be cancelled
V. Admissions schedule
1. Date of test:
① Masters: Jun. 08(Mon) ~ Jun. 12(Fri), 2020
② Doctoral: Jun. 08(Mon) ~ Jun. 12(Fri), 2020
2. Date of test(2nd) :
① Masters: Jul. 06(Mon) ~ Jul. 10(Fri), 2020
② Doctoral: Jul. 06(Mon) ~ Jul. 10(Fri), 2020
VI. Admissions process
- 1. General test Document examination and interview.
- 2. Special selection: Document Review and Oral Interviews
(Skype or telephone) scores can be calculated as a total for student selection.
VII. Admission results
1. Admission Results:
Masters: :Jun. 26(Fri), 2020, Doctoral::Jun. 26(Fri), 2020;
2. Admission Results(2nd) :
Masters: Jul. 24(Fri), 2020, Doctoral:Jul. 24(Fri), 2020;