Guideline of class operation for 2nd semester of 2020
Aug 10, 2020 Peace Loving Global Leader Academic Affairs & Students Office
1. Entire contact class is avoided and mixed class (blended learning) etc. is utilized so as to be safe academic affairs operation from corona 19 according to the guideline of academic affairs operation for 2nd semester of school year 2020 of Ministry of Education (Aug 4, 2020).
2. The class methods of 2nd semester of 2020 are conducted as remote class, contact class, and mixed class and distinguished as below:
1) remote class: Real time remote class is made principle, and it is the class that conducts remote class at least 10 weeks (required of class overall at least 15 weeks).
2) contact class
가. contact class: the class of lecture room observing social distancing and the procedure of quarantine guidelines
나. mixed class (blended learning): the class that conducts contact class + remote class (1 through up to 9 weeks)
application for taking lecture
Fri, Aug 28 – Sun, Aug 30, 2020
period of class
Mon, Aug 31 – Fri, Dec 18, 2020 / 16 weeks
correction on taking lecture
Mon, Aug 31 – Fri, Sep 4, 2020
3. Academic affairs schedule
4. Class operation
1) At the time of applying for taking lecture application for taking lecture needs to be done after checking on class type and class method by each week by checking on the syllabus. (remote class to be complete within 30% of credit points for graduation from 2nd semester of 2020)
2) For checking on attendance and absence a professor needs to check on real time attendance and absence and then register at the academic affairs information system within 7 days, and let it be able to be the verification of attendance and absence by up-loading at the academic affairs information system by screen capturing or recording the lecture of real time remote class.
3) In case of remote class, lecture evaluation needs to be conducted at least 2 times during semester so as to secure quality of class and to communicate with students.
4) Exam is made principle of exam upon attendance, and in case of being unavoidable can be done by online.
5) All classes need to be conducted by observing social distancing and quarantine guidelines.
6) In case of a student with delayed entrance to this country and suspension from going to school for 14 days after entering this country due to infectious disease, attendance can be acknowledged at the time of submitting verification documents, and also in case of not the person of entering this country the student with suspicious symptom of infectious disease can be acknowledged of attendance in case of submitting related verification documents.
7) Class operation is subject to change according to quarantine guidelines of corona 19 of government, and efforts need to be made for safety of faculty, staff and students.
Academic Affairs & Students Office SunHak UP Graduate University